Duration: 4 months
Start date: May 2021
Hours: Variable from 5 to 20 hours/week
Future outlook: The possibility of a 4-month internship extension
Application period: February 1-28, 2021
The Editing Intern’s primary responsibility is to provide assistance and support to the center’s Editor, in addition to supporting the staff in planning and implementing research-related activities.
- Help in proofreading, fact-checking, and editing written work.
- Search for source materials for analysis papers.
- Collect and summarize relevant literature and sources, and prepare literature reviews.
- Contribute to the writing and preparation of papers (analyses, reports, updates, etc.).
- Research, monitor, and document developments in Middle East issues.
- Attend and report on external events related to the Middle East.
- Maintain and update the calendar of external events pertaining to Middle East issues.
- Track media coverage of Middle East issues, and contribute to creating news briefs.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of events.
- Perform other administrative and logistical tasks as directed.
- Must meet all general requirements.
- Excellent research, writing, editing, reasoning, and analytical skills; attention to detail; ability to work independently.