Arab Center Washington DC (ACW) is a nonprofit, independent, and nonpartisan research organization dedicated to furthering the political, economic, and social understanding of the Arab world in the United States and to providing insight on US policies and interests in the Middle East. As a Washington-based authoritative research center on the Arab world, ACW addresses fundamental aspects of US-Arab relations through timely and objective academic research, policy analysis, and educational exchange.
Areas of Study
- Perspectives on democratization, human rights, and justice in Arab countries
- Current events and US policies in a changing Arab world
- Cultural, historical, political, and social dimensions of US foreign policy
- US-Arab commercial and economic relations
- US-Arab security and strategic partnerships
- Regional conflicts and peacemaking efforts in the Middle East
- Role of the US Congress in Middle East foreign policy
ACW relies on contributions from individual supporters, organizations, foundations, and corporations. Contributions to ACW—a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization—are deductible under Section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code.
ACW is affiliated with the Arab Center for Research and Policy Studies (ACRPS), headquartered in Doha, Qatar. As one of the premier independent research institutes in the Arab region, ACRPS focuses on the social sciences, regional history, and geostrategic affairs. Its research, publications, projects, and events examine the important issues and challenges facing the contemporary Arab world. For more information, click here