Communications and Events Internship
The Communications and Events Intern’s primary responsibility will be to provide assistance and support for the center’s communication’s team, including helping with the website, social media platforms, designing publications, and visualization tools, in addition to supporting the staff in organizing and implementing events. Specific tasks may include:
- Assist in maintaining and managing the Arab center’s website and social media sites (e.g., updating website, uploading and posting new content, etc.).
- Design and create content for communication platforms and events, to be used on website, social media, and in print (e.g. brochures, publications, handouts, social media images, etc.).
- Photography and image editing: Filming/ photographing events, obtaining and editing pictures for the website, assist in video editing, and creating new content and video reports.
- Contribute to data visualization and media analytics (e.g., infographics, etc.).
- Assist in compiling, managing, and updating mailing lists and media/ press lists.
- Contribute ideas and innovative ways to present the Arab Center to our stakeholders.
- Work on social media analytics and enhance social media presence and outreach.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of events.
- Other administrative and logistical tasks as needed.
- Currently enrolled graduate or advanced undergraduate students (juniors/ seniors), or recent graduates (within one year of graduation).
- Working toward a degree in a relevant field (e.g. communications, journalism, broadcast, media production, marketing, or similar fields).
- Excellent technical skills and familiarity with multimedia applications, social media tools, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Experience in event planning and producing event materials and publications using Adobe InDesign.
- Previous experience in media production (including video production and Adobe After Effects) desirable.
- Academic training or demonstrated interest in Middle East studies desirable.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
What you will learn
- Experience and understanding of the design and implementation of media strategies.
- Social media and marketing experience including innovation, analytics, and media production.
- Understanding the think tank nature and scope of work.
- Access, exposure, and connections to the DC think tank scene.
- Experience and information in US Middle East policy and US–Arab relations.
To apply, please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Communications and Events Internship.”
- A cover letter explaining your motivation to apply, interest in the position, and relevant skills
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Work sample
*Applications that do not include all three items will NOT be considered.