ACRPS Conference for Arab Graduate Students in Western Universities
Call for Conference Papers
The Arab Center for Research and Policy Studies announces a call for papers for the second ACRPS Conference for Arab Graduate Students in Western Universities, to be held from March 28-30, 2020 in Doha, Qatar. Prospective participants have until September 6, 2019 to submit proposals. This second round will build on the success of the first Arab Graduate Conference held in spring 2018, which established an unprecedented academic tradition in the Arab region. Out of 250 applicants, 83 students were invited to participate in the first round, presenting research based on their PhD dissertation projects, and benefiting from evaluative comments and suggestions from a pool of 40 specialists in various social science and humanities disciplines.
The conference will provide Arab doctoral students in the social sciences and humanities based at Western universities an open space to present papers rooted in their graduate studies. This novel conference will give the participants the chance to benefit from discussions with their peers and with established Arab academics. By holding the meeting in an Arab country, the conference will give the participants an opportunity to better acquaint themselves with an Arab research agenda as well as to create collegial, professional networks within the Arab region. Participants will also gain the opportunity to have their work published in Arabic, through one of the ACRPS’ publication channels.
Eligible scholars interested in applying should undertake the following:
- Fill out the application form. This should be accompanied by a current CV and an abstract/research outline of the proposed paper (no more than 500 words in length).
- At least one reference. The referee should fill out this form and send it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Academic Committee will accept research proposals in either Arabic or English up until September 6, 2019. Please send all relevant materials to: email@example.com.
- The Academic Committee will notify all applicants about the status of their applications by email.
- Successful applicants should submit complete drafts of papers, between 5,000 and 8,500 words in length, 45 days before the conference begins. Submitted drafts must follow the guidelines determined by the ACRPS.
Please see the following documents for further information: