Congressional Affairs Intern
Duration: 4 months
Start date: May 2021
Hours: Variable from 5 to 20 hours/week
Future outlook: The possibility of a 4-month internship extension
Application period: Closed
The Congressional Affairs Intern’s primary responsibility is to provide assistance and support to ACW’s Congressional and Legislative Analyst’s research, analysis, and writing projects, and other research projects, in addition to supporting the staff in related activities and events.
- Search for source materials for analysis papers.
- Collect and summarize relevant literature and sources, and prepare literature reviews.
- Help in proofreading, fact-checking, and editing written work.
- Contribute to the writing and preparation of papers (analysis, reports, updates, etc.).
- Research, monitor, and document developments in Congress related to Middle East issues.
- Attend and report on external events and congressional hearings related to the Middle East.
- Help in data management and presentation (e.g., archiving, diagrams, fact sheets, etc.).
- Maintain and update the calendar of external events pertaining to Congress and Middle East issues.
- Track media coverage of Middle East issues and US Congress, and contribute to creating news briefs.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of ACW events.
- Other administrative and logistical tasks as directed.
- Must meet all general requirements.
- Some knowledge and familiarity with 3 branches of government including activities related to Middle East policy such as meetings, letters, orders, bills, hearings, etc.