Arab Center Washington DC (ACW) offers internship opportunities for undergraduate students, graduate students, or recent graduates. Interns will have the opportunity to contribute to this unique growing think tank and learn through events and research activities related to the Arab world and US foreign policy in the Middle East.
Internship Dates and Recruiting Schedule
*Due to the large number of emails received, submissions received outside the application period for each semester will not be considered.
What our interns typically gain:
- Research methods, data gathering, and analysis techniques.
- Writing skills and editing of written work.
- Skills in preparing and writing policy analysis papers and congressional reports.
- Understanding of the nature and scope of work of a think tank and of the 3 branches of government including any activity related to Middle East policy such as meetings, letters, orders, bills, hearings, etc.
- Access, exposure, and connections to the DC think tank scene and US government.
- Experience and information in the fields of US Middle East policy and US-Arab relations.
- Currently enrolled graduate or undergraduate student, or recent graduate.
- Degree, or a demonstrated interest, in a relevant field (e.g., Middle East studies, political science, international affairs, international law, US foreign policy, or similar fields).
- Working knowledge and familiarity with computer and data applications (e.g., MS Excel) and internet research tools.
- Previous experience in writing and research desirable.
- English fluency required; proficiency in Arabic or another regional language a plus.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Any additional requirements listed under position descriptions below.
How to apply:
Please carefully review the general eligibility requirements as well as any additional requirements for each position, then send the items listed below to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line e.g. “Congressional Affairs Intern”
- A cover letter explaining your motivation to apply, interest in the position, and relevant skills
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- One writing sample (for Congressional, Editing or Research Internships), or work samples (for digital media internship)
- If you are interested in more than one position, please only apply once and indicate your interests in the subject line and your cover letter.
- Applications that do not include all three items listed above will not be considered.
- Applications submitted outside the application period in the position description will not be considered.
- Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all internships are currently virtual.