Social Media and Events Internship
The Social Media and Events Intern’s primary responsibility will be to provide assistance and support for the center’s PR specialist in maintaining social media platforms, and visualization tools, in addition to supporting the staff in organizing events and conferences. Specific tasks may include the following:
- Work with social media analytics and enhance social media presence and outreach.
- Assist in maintaining and managing ACW’s social media sites (e.g., posting new content, live tweeting, increasing readership, etc.).
- Basic filming/photographing of events, editing, and creating videos/images to post online.
- Contribute to data visualization and graphics (e.g., infographics, reports, videos, etc.).
- Assist in compiling, managing, and expanding mailing lists and media/press lists;
- Contribute ideas and innovative ways to present ACW to our stakeholders.
- Prepare and edit PR documents (e.g., invitations, bios, press releases, folders, outreach, etc.).
- Track media coverage of Middle East issues, and contribute to creating news briefs.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of events.
- Perform other administrative and logistical tasks as directed.
- Currently enrolled graduate or advanced undergraduate students (juniors/ seniors), or recent graduates (within one year of graduation).
- Working toward a degree in a relevant field (e.g. communications, journalism, broadcast, media production, marketing, or similar fields).
- Excellent technical skills, multimedia production, writing, attention to detail, teamwork.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with multimedia applications, videography, photography, social media tools, Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience in graphic design and media production desirable.
- Academic training or demonstrated interest in Middle East studies desirable.
- English fluency required, proficiency in Arabic or other regional languages a plus.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
What you will learn
- Experience and understanding of the design and implementation of media strategies.
- Social media and marketing experience including innovation, analytics, and media production.
- Writing communication materials and editing written work.
- Understanding the think tank nature and scope of work.
- Access, exposure, and connections to the DC think tank scene.
- Experience and information in US Middle East policy and US–Arab relations.
To apply, please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Social Media and Events Internship.”
- A cover letter explaining your motivation to apply, interest in the position, and relevant skills
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Work sample
*Applications that do not include all three items will NOT be considered.