Research and Analysis Internship
The Research Intern’s primary responsibility is to provide assistance and support for the center’s research, analysis, and writing projects, in addition to supporting the staff in planning and implementing research-related activities. Specific tasks may include the following:
- Search for source materials for analysis papers.
- Collect and summarize relevant literature and sources, and prepare literature reviews.
- Help in proofreading, fact-checking, and editing written work.
- Contribute to the writing and preparation of papers (analyses, reports, updates, etc.).
- Research, monitor, and document developments in Middle East issues.
- Attend and report on external events and hearings related to the Middle East.
- Help in data management and presentation (e.g., archiving, diagrams, fact sheets, etc.).
- Maintain and update the calendar of external events pertaining to Middle East issues.
- Track media coverage of Middle East issues, and contribute to creating news briefs.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of events.
- Perform other administrative and logistical tasks as directed.
- Currently enrolled graduate or advanced undergraduate students (juniors/ seniors), or recent graduates (within one year of graduation).
- Working toward a degree in a relevant field (e.g., Middle East studies, political science, international affairs, international law, US foreign policy, or similar fields).
- Academic training and demonstrated interest in Middle East studies, political science, international relations, US foreign policy, or similar fields.
- Excellent research, writing, editing, reasoning, and analytical skills; attention to detail; ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with computer and data applications (e.g., MS Excel) and internet research tools.
- Previous experience in writing and research desirable.
- English fluency required; proficiency in Arabic or other regional languages a plus.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
What you will learn
- Research methods, data gathering, and analysis techniques.
- Writing skills and editing written work.
- Skills in preparing and writing policy analysis papers and reports.
- Understanding the nature and scope of work of a think tank and US Congress.
- Access, exposure, and connections to the DC think tank scene.
- Experience and information in the fields of US Middle East policy and US-Arab relations.
To apply, please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Research and Analysis Internship.”
- A cover letter explaining your motivation to apply, interest in the position, and relevant skills
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- One writing sample
*Applications that do not include all three items will NOT be considered.