Dana El Kurd
Assistant Professor, Critical Security Studies Program, Doha Institute for Graduate Studies; Researcher, Arab center for Research and Policy Studies, Doha, Qatar
Assistant Executive Director and Senior Fellow, Arab Center Washington DC
Imad K. Harb
Director of Research and Analysis, Arab Center Washington DC
Khalil E. Jahshan
Executive Director, Arab Center Washington DC
Sahar M. Khamis
Associate Professor, Department of Communication, University of Maryland, College Park; Member of the Academic Advisory Board, Arab Center Washington DC
Associate Professor of Anthropology, Georgetown University; Member of the Academic Advisory Board, Arab Center Washington DC
About the Webinar
Arab Opinion Index (2019-2020), released by the Arab Center Washington DC on November 16, 2020, is the largest public opinion survey conducted in the Arab world. It is the seventh in a series of public opinion surveys conducted since 2011 by the Arab center for Research and Policy Studies based in Doha, Qatar. It is based on the findings of face-to-face interviews conducted with 28,288 individual respondents in 13 Arab countries.
The webinar will focus on the following questions among other findings:
1. How do Arab citizens assess their economic and political conditions in their respective countries?
2. Do Arab citizens yearn for democracy in the Arab world?
3. Are Arab citizens really turning their backs to religion and religiosity, in general?
4. Are Arabs tired, as widely reported, of supporting the Palestine cause?
5. How do Arabs perceive ongoing efforts at normalization with Israel?
6. How do Arab citizens assess national threats to their respective countries?
7. Does assessment of US policy in the region differ among Arab countries?
8. To what extent do Arabs rely on the internet and social media as their source of information?
Click here to read the results of the survey