Audio Visual Technician
Position type: Part-time, Hourly
Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Executive Director and Assistant Executive Director
Set-up, operate, and troubleshoot all AV/projection/lighting/conferencing equipment, devices, and systems at ACW office and off-site during events. Oversee the set-up of AV equipment in banquet and meeting rooms during monthly events. Ensure all AV equipment is fully operational, repair or clean equipment when necessary. Label any broken equipment, and communicate problems to Assistant Director and Office Manager. Tape down and dress all loose wire and cable. Check delivered equipment and room set-up against Banquet Event Order for off-site events. Break-down, remove, and secure equipment when not in use.
- Set up and install equipment such as microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards for events such as panel discussions, meetings, presentations, and press conferences.
- Discuss event format with ACW staff to determine A/V needs. Confer with ACW staff to establish cues and directions on the day of the event as needed.
- Ensure equipment is installed according to designated layout.
- Test equipment, and diagnose and resolve issues.
- Set up and operate sound equipment, and monitor sound feeds to ensure quality
- Mix sound inputs and feeds.
- Determine filming sequences and camera movements.
- Set up and operate livestreaming through Wirecast.
- Coordinate audio feeds with livestream images.
- Compress and digitize audio and video data, and duplicate data as needed.
- Ensure the safe storage and integrity of data.
- Clean audio and video equipment and store properly.
- Send in equipment for repairs as needed.
- Work with Office Manger to ensure the safe transfer and shipment of equipment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Two to four years of audio visual experience or equivalent.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a plus
- Proven certificate and/or training in audio visual or related field
About Arab Center Washington DC (ACW)
Arab Center Washington DC (ACW) is a nonprofit, independent, and nonpartisan research organization dedicated to furthering the political, economic, and social understanding of the Arab world in the United States and to providing insight on US policies and interests in the Middle East. As a Washington-based authoritative research center on the Arab world, ACW addresses fundamental aspects of US-Arab relations through timely and objective academic research, policy analysis, and educational exchange.
Send cover letter, resume, and two recommendation letters to email@example.com. Place “Audio Visual Technician” in the subject line.
ACW is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, religion, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.